Friday 3 October 2014

Self Worth Sufficieneny

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

This quote sets the premise for the focus of this blog. I've been searching for my sense of self worth and trying to find confidence within myself for a very long time. Through doing this I developed an attitude of entitlement. I felt that when I did positive deeds or an act of service within my community I was entitled to praise, respect, and acknowledgement. In the circumstances where I didn't receive these things it left me feeling extremely unhappy. Recently through a lot of wisdom I've received from a plethora of sources I realized I am seeking out praise, and in doing that I was developing excessive pride rather then a healthy dose of self worth. Pride is the number one killer of happiness and relationships of all forms. I wish to share my realizations, knowledge, and experiences as I develop them on this particular topic. The latter post to this one will be about the most recent event I attended, We Day Toronto hosted by Free The Children. This event created so many new memories, epiphanies, realizations, and passions within me and I cannot wait to share them with you. It is my intent and hope to spread positivity and my wisdom with how to develop self worth and be changer within society. I am excited for all the amazing projects and opportunities I will be taking on this year. Through these opportunities I will be providing other people in this world with empowerment and self worth and through that I will gain my own identity and self worth. This is going to be a year of change.


the sky is not the limit, it is the threshold to the stars, 
Liv Alexa 

No comments:

Post a Comment